Monday, June 8, 2009

Hi All,

Nothing going on this weekend. Well, not really. Did some reading, and worked on a TESL program.

I've discovered that I like teaching ESL, and that I'd like to do it when I get back. Therefore, I've decided to work on getting certification to teach it in Canada.

That was my weekend--blah. That, and preparing for our trip to Busan next weekend, and our trip to Tokyo in July.

I also did some writing, and some reading of Naomi Klein's Shock Doctrine. Good book, if a bit bleak--it's about how neo-liberalism and the modern capitalist regime in the world got into power. Most of it, I already knew about, but some things, like how the ANC in South Africa was tricked into giving up a lot of power, or how Solidarity in Poland were abused by the neo-liberals, was a bit of a surprise. If you're curious about capitalism, and how and why the US and othe major players involve themselves in the rest of the world, it's a good read.

Cheers,

Chris

No comments: